I am not at all surprised that I am still up at this hour...my head is spinning with excitement, anxiety, uncertainly and adventure, with a side of insomnia (from my new found favorite malaria drug, Malarone!) Side effects are said to include wild dreaming and it's no joke! Last night Nick and I went sailing on his new dingy sailboat only to be swallowed up by a mechanical shark with sharp metal teeth (and I swear I don't watch River Monsters!) I am so looking forward to falling asleep tonight because the dreams are sure to be wicked . . . and I am really surprised this drug doesn't have street value.
The last few days have been nothing short of crazy: errands, preparing, packing, and car accident included. I am pretty notorious for hitting stationary objects in parking lots, so yesterday was just a little reminder that I am still a bad driver with poor depth perception. Deciding to take Mom's car was my first mistake, pressing the accelerator instead of the brake before hitting the "PNC Customers Only" sign was my second. Of course it was in front of a huge window of investment bankers all looking at me like I am a crazy woman driver. They're correct.
So I go into the bank where I am greeted by investment banker # 1 who politely inquires "so you havin problems out there?" I apologize and then decide it's appropriate to tell him that I am moving to rural Africa where there aren't any cars. He laughs, then goes out to check out Mom's Lexus and his PNC property which is now at a 45 degree angle to the mulch and bush it once stood proudly in front of. I told the man I would be happy to pay for the damage (even though there really was nothing except for a bent sign.) He however, had different plans and told me to go home a get a shovel, dig out the knocked over sign and replant it in the mulch. I immediately call Nick and politely ask him to "come to PNC bank with a shovel, don't ask any questions, and don't tell Mom."
Nick comes and saves the day, digging the sign out and bending it back so it's now only slightly leaning. Thank goodness for loyal brothers! (Nick, I owe you a case of beer.) How about just a little humiliation before departing the country?
Less then 36 hours until I touch down in London-town! My goal is to eat as many Crunchy and Flake bars as my stomach will allow in the Heathrow Airport, before starting my third world weight loss plan. I am really really really going to miss everyone, but look forward to communicating via email krbahn@gmail.com and blog.
Lots of Love,
Kyle
stay safe love! looking forward to reading your updates =)
ReplyDeleteKyle you are so funny I can't stop laughing (at your misfortune sorry)I see you have inherited your dad's wit! SW
ReplyDelete